[permaculture] Political talk, Yay or Nay

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Jun 27 00:22:25 EDT 2007

Andrew French wrote:

> Tommy, I find your comments to be interesting but a bit long-winded. Is a
> listserv a place to lay out your manifesto? Sure, what the hell. But I think

Absolutely yes. I have seen lists run by morons who overmanaged and ruined them
with their idiocy. I have kept control of this list in order to keep it free and open,
for long winded folks, ultra long winded folks, posters of theses, encyclopedias
and one liner folks. And lurkers. I intend to keep it this way and civil as well.
Hit the delete key or write a mail filter for posts you don't want to read.

> you should consider writing an article or something, because your ideas are
> valid, but all over the place. This is why I think theoretical idealistic
> political talk has no place on a listserv that is suppose to be the number
> one listserv for permaculture. Dig it.

I understand what you are saying. At this point it seems that it might be really worthwhile to start
a politica and permaculture list - for the "all over the place" "theoretical" "idealist"
writings. I would add important news, alerts and updates on situations around the world,
human rights issues in particular, sustainability and the environment as well.
Maybe this new list's time has come.

What say ye again: yea or nay? I'm not trying to push a new list just make it available if any of us, enough of us
really need it.

I am also working on (RSN) installing an instance of Wordpress on ibiblio for overflow from the list; static file
display, blog, special interest areas, RSS feed, links, on and on. Real fun.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net