[permaculture] Where the political discussion goes

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Jun 26 23:50:54 EDT 2007

lbsaltzman at aol.com wrote:
<begin quote>
I have run into something interesting on politics and the anti-war movement that might be relevent. I have a friend who
is a Vietnam Veteran and anti-war activist. He was one of the driving forces behind what is called Arlington West in
Santa Barbara, Calif., the community where I live. Arlington West is where the crosses were set up to comemorate the
dead soldiers from Iraq, and it has been an effective anti-war tool which has spread to other cities.  Anyway, my friend
is also a sustainability kind of person and has sold Cheramoyas and other fruit to the local community. It is all
produce that is grown in his backyard orchard.
<end quote>

Is this Sal Schettino?

<begin quote>
Conversely, while there are conservatives who don't get sustainability, there are members of the Christian right who
have developed the concept of creation care and who are strongly beginning to get sustainability.
<end quote>

That is nice to hear. They also do home schooling and practice homestead preparedness, self-sufficiency and
independence, grow their own food and put it by.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net