[permaculture] Politcal talk-Yay or nay

Dieter Brand diebrand at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 11:38:10 EDT 2007

For non-US members it can at times be hard to follow the intricacies
  of the domestic political debate in the US. Discussion of international
  politics, on the other hand, may well turn out to be explosive. When,
  in my younger days, I studied French at the Alliance Française in
  Paris together with students from all around the World, one inviolable
  rule was "no politics" and "no religion" in the classroom. On balance
  I’m in favour of a separate political group, but don’t mind a little
  talk about politics as long as it doesn’t dominate all else.

  Dieter Brand
  Portugal

Lisa Rollens <rollens at fidnet.com> wrote:
  I know most people don't want to read political stuff in this forum but I
have noticed that it has elicited some very
> interesting comments that are right to the core of Permaculture. Still,
> maybe we could have a separate mailing list
> called politics and permaculture. I could have this ready in a few days.
> All in favor say yay, those against, nay.
> So if its ny for the new list and nay to more political talk here then so
> be it.

Lawrence, I don't mind a little polical talk here on this list since it does
apply to Permaculture. This particular discussion IS interesting. It just
got out of hand a couple weeks ago. I'd rather it here than to have another
list and more email.

Lisa, in the Ozarks, USA

Subscribe or unsubscribe here:
List contacts: Lawrence London lfl at intrex.net and