[permaculture] defining permaculture

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 23:36:35 EDT 2007

>At that point everyone
>else will also be seeking animal power

I have been getting to know my neighborhood horse people... first for
their manure, but recently I had a strong feeling of recognition that
their skills are a dying art and that "they" generically speaking often
have a respect for the creatures they live with which transfers to other
powerful spirits.  I have however seen some brutal grazing density.

>Someone is going to be growing the food and medicines, why can't we be
>part of that?

I think specialization is a natural part of a community.  Many folks get
wrapped up in self-stuff to the expense of interdependence.

>Maybe it was a type one error to move here.

proofs in the pudding.  Doesn't sound like the 'type one' error concept
applies clearly to this situation.  Land already cleared... horses serve
potential function with minimal impact if properly stocked -- watch out
for density-Dependant impacts, protect water courses.  To me landscape
position error has not been adequately assessed to cast judgment.
Premature judgment suggests pain/grief/anger.

~paul cereghino