[permaculture] 2030

Tommy Tolson healinghawk at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 17:43:45 EDT 2007

Robert Waldrop wrote:

> I think that it is highly unlikely that you are
> aware of everything that permaculturists are doing
> in the world, so this statement seems more like "I
> am More Green Than Thou" rhetoric" than rational,
> informed discussion.  It is personally satisfying,
> no doubt, but does nothing to build community.

Thanks for your response.  I'm running a race with ignorance and death,
not with you or anyone else on this list.  I know what I know and it's
just one very small part of the collective knowledge.
I'm responding to posts on this list that say, outright or not, that
politics is off-topic on-list, rather than to the sum total of all the
work permaculturalists do in the world.  This seems to me a gardening list.
I don't find "Greener than thou" in any way satisfying.   I read about
your class in starting a food co-op too late to attend but think that's
the sort of thing that needs to be done on a large scale now to have the
infrastructure in place when the oil spigot turns off and industrial
agriculture collapses.  When are you doing it again?  Earth, and
probably nature, will survive humans, but extinction is so needless, if
we apply Permaculture principles to liberate ourselves and the remains
of planetary life from the dark forces of dominion.

Smiles.
Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX