[permaculture] Urine-resistant plants

Charles de Matas cdematas at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:56:50 EDT 2007

I collect urine in 1 gallon plastic bottles.  Some of it I dilute and put
around a few okra plants I have planted near a concrete driveway.  Most I
carry to my land and put around papaya trees, moringa trees and pineapples.
I've stopped putting it in my compost pile because I think it's much better
to use it directly on the plants.  In wet weather I don't bother to dilute
it for the papaya and moringa trees.  I've gotten good okra, papayas and
pineapples already.  But I intend to use most of the urine on the moringa
trees.  The moringas have been putting out new leaves since the rains have
started, and I am pruning off the tops of the trees.  As my production
increases I want to include more moringa leaves in my diet.  I like the
taste of the leaves and it's a satisfying feeling to know I can produce some
of my own food.

Charles