[permaculture] Urine-resistant plants

Marimike6 at cs.com Marimike6 at cs.com
Wed Jun 20 17:01:21 EDT 2007

Nathan asks

"Any suggestions for plants that can tolerate being urinated on often?"

I see the question has been met with a degree of skepticism regarding
Nathan's personal habits. Let me suggest that Nathan may very well have dogs about
the premises.

I see from a later post that his problem is a proximity to some bars. Same
difference.

Let me suggest any of a number of species of wild mint. These can probably be
transplanted from anywhere in the vicinity they occur. They're an urban weed,
and prevalent most any place. You can recognize these generally knee high
herbs by their minty aroma, especially when crushed or bruised. They will spread
to fill any space you put them in, and tolerate dog pee wonderfully..

One cautionary comment. When preparing mint tea from such plants, be sure to
wash the leaves first. :)

Michael