[permaculture] Into Middle America but Staying on the Fringe

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Wed Jun 20 11:30:09 EDT 2007

I was born Michael David Anderson & when I was 12 or 13 I looked in
the Chicago phone book & there were 12 Michael David Andersons & 325
Michael Andersons.  I changed my name that day & started using it on
the stories & poems I was writing.  I've used it ever since.
Apparently I was really thinking ahead because the spelling I adopted
for my first name turns out to be a unique search string on Google
(until recently).

~mIEKAL

I'm a bit sad that the hour long tour of our 3 acre permaculture
demonstration that I gave him hardly got notice in the article or the
video.  C'est la vie.

On Jun 20, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Penny Powell wrote:

> I think it's a great article; it brought tears to my eyes.  I'm
> from Wisconsin and long to return.  Massachusetts is no Wisconsin.
> Now if only I could get my husband to try it out.  I'm going to
> have him read the article.  Thank you mIEKAL aND.  What does your
> name derive from, if I may ask?
>
> Penny
>
> On Jun 20, 2007, at 9:19 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:
>
>> (Matt spent 3 days at Dreamtime Village & this is what he came up
>> with.  Also on the site is a 5 minute video & a few photograph.)
>>

>> Frugal Traveler | American Road Trip :
>>
>> Into Middle America but Staying on the Fringe
>>
>> By MATT GROSS
>> Published: June 20, 2007
>>
>> http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/06/20/travel/20frugal.html?
>> pagewanted=all

Dreamtime Village
Hypermedia Permaculture EcoVillage in Southwest Wisconsin
http://www.dreamtimevillage.org

"The word is the first stereotype."  Isidore Isou, 1947.