[permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.

roxann roxann at ancientearthwisdom.com
Mon Jun 18 15:05:29 EDT 2007

Lisa, when I lived in Louisiana, all we had was bermuda in the yard. The only method I found for keeping it out of my beds was to dig trenches all the way around each bed. Once it was gotten out by hand from the bed, it was easy to keep it from returning because the plant would creep down into the trenches and I could see it easier before it crossed over into the bed. i usually kept the trenches mulched and that would make pulling it easy. definitely not low maintenence, but it did work. i'd hate to have this problem in a large scale area.

roxann, nw ar