[permaculture] Shit

Scott Vlaun scott at moosepondarts.com
Mon Jun 18 12:03:58 EDT 2007

Jenny,

My understanding is that once the pile cools, like it is now, that it
is essentially in an anaerobic state. I could be mistaken on this
point, but at any rate it is not currently generating any heat.
According to Jenkins, (if my memory serves me), a cold humanure pile
need two years to be safe to use.

Scott Vlaun
Moose Pond Arts+Ecology
Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future

450 Main St. Studio 2
Norway, Maine 04270
207-739-2409 Studio
207-890-4099 Cell