[permaculture] Crabgrass, Bermuda grass, etc.

Dieter Brand diebrand at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 04:02:45 EDT 2007

Golden,

  This is a method of last resort. Soil without vegetation is dead
  soil. How long did it take you to get rid of the crabgrass. I
  reckon that I would have to cover my soil with black plastic
  sheeting for at least 2 years to be sure that none of the rhizomes
  remain in the soil.  Anyway, this is not feasible for several
  acres of fields.

  Dieter Brand
  Portugal

Golden Love <goldenlove at cruzio.com> wrote:  I fried my Bermuda and Kikuyu grass using black plastic tarps. None to be
found now.

Golden Love
Love's Gardens
Creating and Maintaining Sustainable Urban Landscapes
California Licensed Contractor C27 363672
127 National St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone (831) 471-9100
Fax ( 831) 471-9200