[permaculture] Infeasible power fantasies

Krista lightleightread at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 23:32:25 EDT 2007

Jedd Wrote:
>Anyhoo, how do you propose to supply energy
> when the sun isn't shining?

HaHa! Jedd, you obviously have not spent much time in
Florida. It is very rare that we have cloud cover for
the entire day. During the Summer, we get scattered
thunderstorms in the afternoon, but most of the day is
sunny. In the Winter, we barely have any rain at all.
Now, if we could just find a way to harness the power
from lightning bolts, or from the winds we get during
a hurricane... ;)

Historical trivia: For many years, there was a daily
newspaper called the "Clearwater Times". Any day that
the sun didn't shine, the paper was free. They didn't
give away very many free papers.

~krista
Clearwater, Florida