[permaculture] Seedballs

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Jun 17 09:14:55 EDT 2007

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Linda Shewan wrote:
> I have no option but to try the clay covered option as broadcast sowing
> simply feeds the crows/ravens, magpies, sparrows, currawongs, cockatoos
> and countless other winged friends. And a covering of straw/hay has no
> impact except providing light entertainment for the birds...

 Linda,

 Out of curiosity, what types of plants are you trying to get going,
 and on what scale, with this method?

 I've never used seedballing - it's always seemed a bit too much
 effort compared to seedling things out, or just broadcasting
 very opportunistically.  I know it works well in particularly dry
 regions where you don't want to stick around for the rains, but
 if you're in Vic (?) I wouldn't have thought that'd be the problem.

 Jedd.