[permaculture] filtering for topic preferences on this list.

KNat knat at sprintmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:56:55 EDT 2007

Kenneth Benway wrote:
> Hello to all Permaculture list participants:
>
> I have only been plugged into this list for a little over a week or so.
> So I guess I'm somewhat of a rookie. Since the beginning of my
> participation I have been amazed at the breadth of knowledge and
> information being communicated in this community. I wonder how this ever
> got by me. Anyway I'm here now and I sincerely appreciate all of you
> from around the globe. This list has become my prime source for
> Permaculture dialogue.
Hi,
Welcome. I'll offer you, it helps me to keep a context of a meeting
where an idea comes to the focus of a circle and all can give their
perspective of the idea. Unlike many lists the topic is not owned by
anyone (be it original author or "certified" answerer.) The crux of the
subject often changes midstream as someone is better understood or a new
idea feeds off the original. All views of the topic are constructive and
responded to so all gain better clarity. Judgment of the assumptions and
validity of other's views are not and burn fast or get ignored but are
mixed into the topic lines. You'll sift the authors quickly, but then
someone will surprise by being contextual. Filtering is indeed a
challenge. Filing to fit my too little time to read is worse. There are
interesting people here with views similar and different from my own and
wonderful ideas raised that expand reflection and seed new initiatives.
Thanks for adding yours.

Peace,
Kathyann