[permaculture] crabgrass & bermuda graa/Charles waters' book

Michelle Maggiore mmaggior at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 15 22:09:21 EDT 2007

Hi...
Is bermudagrass  the same as crabgrass? I found by accident this year that
an area that had a winter cover crop of rye did not have ANY  bermuda grass
(in an area heavily prone and surrounded by it). Unfortunately, I did not
plant rye grass in all the new beds I built over the winter, so I am looking
for a summer alternative until I can plant rye grass in there in the fall.
The calcium defiiciency sounds like a probability here, too. The book sounds
very interesting; will try to get a copy from interlibrary loan.
Many Thanks,
Michelle in VA