[permaculture] Controlling crab grass

Tom Golodik t.golodik at verizon.net
Fri Jun 15 12:21:34 EDT 2007

According to Charles Walters, in the second edition of his book "Weeds:
Control Without Poisons," the presence of crabgrass indicates soil low in
calcium that cannot support molds that begin the decay process.  He suggests
calcium lime and sulphur or gypsum to adjust pH.  Effects will be seen
quickly.  I recommend the book highly.

Cheers,
Tom Golodik
Closter, NJ