[permaculture] Politics-Is it relevant to Permaculture?

Karen Potts karen_potts at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 11:12:20 EDT 2007

If you saw Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (awesome premiered on HBO recently) the credits at the end describe that the Sioux Indians will not claim the dollar award that they won in the 80's (I believe) which is now worth $600 million. The Federal Govt refused their claim of the land but the courts awarded them money instead.  They simply WANT the Black Hills, SD returned to them because this land is spiritual and because it was awarded to them in the original treaty.    End of Story.

  Karen

Kenneth Benway <ken at arcadiandesign.org> wrote:
  Primal Parent,
Yes he did, and I for one would like to see them get all there land
back.
All of the tribes, getting all of their land back. Nothing less really
matters to me, except to the degree the current system might serve to
accomplish that goal. After all we have plenty of evidence demonstrating
how the current system treats mother earth don't we.
Sincerely,
Golden Eagle
(Ken)