[permaculture] greenschooling

KNat knat at sprintmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:24:20 EDT 2007

Jenny Katz wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> I've been playing around with something I'm calling "greenschooling"--
> education in the permacultural mold, which is to say: environmentally
> based, but taking nature as structure and model rather than just as
> subject matter.
Here's link to my Public School attempt. The website is not highest
priority. The kids are top, the curriculum in software any school can
use second. Feel free to contact me direct. We are granted to write up
the curriculum this summer (which you can imagine is the most
interesting part- tracking both traditionally and organically.)
http://www.ridgeandvalley.org

Recommend book to begin- Self-Design by Brent Cameron.
His plan best I've seen, and I've been doing this for 25 years. (there
are other models closer to traditional that are weaning school districts
over but if one could go direct, this would be my choice.)
http://www.wondertree.org/

Connection AERO Alternative Education Resource Organization has a bunch
of us who are similarly engaged (especially among the School Starters)
http://www.educationrevolution.org/index.html

Peace,
Kathyann