[permaculture] Ron Paul

Tommy Tolson healinghawk at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 12 13:28:46 EDT 2007

I appreciate Ken's thoughtful reply and I have decided to forego picking
apart its logical inconsistencies on-list.
Permaculture is, at bottom, a conceptual tool with which to harness
systems theory in creating sustainable human lifestyles which respect
the ecosystem(s) supporting those lifestyles.
Libertarian theory proposes maximum personal freedom as long as no other
person is harmed.
Ron Paul feeds the cancer epidemic in Texas by taking campaign
contributions from corporate persons (polluters) and turning a blind eye
to the harms to natural persons committed by his contributors.
Profiting from the deaths of natural persons represents to me moral
retardation, constitutes a profound repudiation of stated Libertarian
theory, and demonstrates systems theory illiteracy.
Ron Paul champions the freedom of corporate persons to harm natural persons.
I believe in the sanctity of life *after* birth, thus I respect Ken's
right to make mistakes until they harm others.
Backing Ron Paul is as profound a mistake as a person who loves life
could make because, after corporate rule sets in, Ron Paul as President
will make Dubya look saintly.
Imagine your local police department being replaced by Blackwater, Inc.
commandos answerable to no one, taking orders from a multimillionaire
Christian fundamentalist ex-SEAL.
In the Republican Party, Ron Paul is a megawingnut among wingnuts, as
even the most virulent of its corporatists would not unleash
corporations like Ron Paul will, if elected.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX