[permaculture] starting some fruit trees

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 18:26:14 EDT 2007

I have a dwarf apple that produces reasonable crops under the conditions you are describing, but not as much as similar trees in the sun.  More to the point, is how good the trees are.  I don't know much about Rural King, but many large chain stores sell junky trees that are not on root stocks appropriate to the soils and other conditions of the local area. You might pay a bit more, but consider finding a smaller ethical nursery that has premium quality trees that are appropriate for your area.  Also look for small dedicated wholesale nurseries that grow interesting heritage cultivars and find out who they retail through.