[permaculture] Favorite Herb Books

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Mon Jun 11 12:08:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Sharon Gordon wrote:
> Does anyone have recommendations?  In
> addition to growing information,  I am interested in cooking uses, medical
> uses, and other useful functions such as making dyes or ways herbs can be
> used in the garden.

 Simon Mills 'The Complete Herbal' is good, if a little out-dated in
 parts.  A heavy read, but very entertaining and enlightening.

 The RHS (DK) encylopedia <sic> of herbs and their uses,
 by Deni Brown .. is a superb reference book, but can be
 hard to track down.

 Harold McGee's Science of Food .. would probably fit the
 category also.

 Jedd.