[permaculture] Urban Orcharding - was spindle cut orchards

Greg Greg at urbanfarm.org
Sat Jun 2 15:31:50 EDT 2007

Paul,

Nice posts today.  This brings to light a fairly new concept called
urban orcharding - where the whole idea is to keep the trees small.
That is done through pruining.  I have recently posted a lot of
information on my web site and blog on the topic so I won't repeat
myself here.

Link to my blog - With pictures of my apple tree hedge.
http://www.smartspacestv.net/TheUrbanFarm/

Here is a link to an article on the topic and make sure you download
the Backyard Orchard Culture document from Dave Wilson Nursery.  The
link is embedded in this document.
http://www.smartspacestv.net/learn/

Greg