[permaculture] Lawn

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 22:04:54 EDT 2007

Another translation...

>If what we are taught and conditioned to  think of as 'taking care of
>your property' (AKA the land) is an abomination,
> then what does that say about us,

Imagine someone has been "taking care of their property" by mowing,
edging, applying soluble fertilizer and pesticides that contaminate the
aquatic ecosystem, supporting a destructive economy, while creating an
ecological desert and depleting their soil.  Then someone comes along
and tells them all hard work was actually destructive and an insult to
our children, and that all they learned about how to 'take care' of lawn
was misinformation or partial truths.

It's hard to swallow.  For someone who wants to feel in control and
competent, they would be strongly motivated to find a way to justify
what they have been doing and find you to be a quack.  So if you want to
plant a seed of doubt that may lead to a change, then plant that seed
deep, in a fertile spot.

Paul C.