[permaculture] Community Building

Marjory Glowka forestgarden at gvtc.com
Tue Jul 31 16:57:10 EDT 2007

Yes, there will no doubt be issues.  But you have to start where you are.
Why spend a lot of energy on problems that aren't an issue right now?
Conflicts that arise now often involve people I doubt will be here much
longer anyway.

There have been many attempts in the Austin area to start alternative
currencies.  Amoung the major lessons learned from the many failures, is
that there has to be a network of trust amoung people who know each other
before the alternative is accepted.  I think that is a general truth for any
type of alternative to be accepted - alternative experience of community and
conflict resolution included.  So, I work to create opportunites for
neighbors to get together to work, to play, to learn, to trade, as
frequently as possible.

Good luck,

Marjory