[permaculture] Community Building

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 10:49:25 EDT 2007

I agree with your ideas.? We have started a "foodshed" where people are gathering on weekends to trade homegrown produce, seeds and plants. It is definitely building community.? But somewhere down the road, after you have done all that necessary stuff to start and build community, problems will arise both external and internal to the community, anger and frustration will set in, and?difficult individuals will act in destructive ways.?Then the ability of the community to process and handle those problems will become critical.? However, everything you are describing will make it easier to get over the tough issues when they arise.