[permaculture] Corporations and Organics

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 21:03:49 EDT 2007

That is easy. The Organic Consumer Association where I got this from is conducting a boycott against Dean Food's Horizon Milk and Silk Soy brands.? Cows are being kept in terrible confined conditions and they will buy cows that weren't raised organically and use them in their herds etc. etc.? A lot of the soy is sourced from China and Brazil. It is destructive to the environment, their are human rights abuses of the farm workers etc. For more details see:

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/oca/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=4756

Also go to the main website http://www.organicconsumers.org?and start reading more of?what is going on.? In my opinion the decision by many organic farmers to get a national organic standard was a disaster.? They opened the door to corporations and once the corporations got their foot in the door it only took the Bush Administration to listen to them and to begin shredding the organic standards.?

We have to move towards the goal of local sustainable food sources.