[permaculture] "certified permaculture designers"

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 01:25:58 EDT 2007

The ecological restoration industry has the same problems, with
considerably more money changing hands (which typically motivates the
formation of guilds to protect trademarks).  So take your pick...
movement or industry.

In my opinion, saying I am a 'permaculture designer' won't land me any
jobs, however I have been paid well for doing landscape designs and
ecological revegetation, many of which incorporate as much permaculture
as the client can stomach, or at least as much of a self designing
polyculture as I can muster.

The critical step in a movement however is making everyone into
designers -- the path back to stewardship of land -- not trying to
design and sell a brand name business model.

Paul Cereghino