[permaculture] Is permaculture easy? (was Peak Oil)

Toby Hemenway toby at patternliteracy.com
Wed Jul 25 20:58:12 EDT 2007

I frequent "The Oil Drum" website often and 20-40 years to be the
consensus among some very savvy oil-industry and Peak-Oil people who
write there. It's a very rational site, mostly. But we're talking at
much, much higher prices than we pay now. I didn't mean that it will be
enough to satisfy demand or pump as much as we are pumping today. Just
that oil isn't going to be out of the mix for a while yet. It sounds
like we could pump about 30 million barrels per day by 2040 instead of
the 90 million we pump now, at least in some of their scenarios. About
1960 levels, if I remember my numbers right.

Toby