[permaculture] Greywater

L. Santoyo Designs santoyo at earthflow.com
Tue Jul 24 18:13:05 EDT 2007

Hello Chauncey,

There are, of course, lots of regulations in and around Malibu for
Greywater use.  My friend, Cameron Church of EPD Consulting (Los
Angeles), is a great designer and would have the latest info and
products. http://www.epd-net.com/

-Legalize Sustainability !!!

Of course, Art Ludwig's website Oasis Designs is THE place to go for
practical low tech info on GreyWater. http://www.oasisdesign.net/

For a single-occupant trailer I wouldn't mess around or waste time
with a constructed wetland (your sand and gravel system)
-Hypothetically, I would just put a small surge tank (after your sink
trap ) and use a flexible inch and a quarter hose. Just move it
around under the mulch of your the garden trees and ground covers
(-remember to stay away from watering any Oaks in the summer time!).

If you come up to the Ranch sometime -you can see our tiny wetland
system with taro, ginger, celery and water chestnuts etc...

FYI -There is another notable system in your area -a permitted Black
Water system! designed by Bill Wilson -it's the only one I know of
and it grows a great orchard... It will be one of our featured field
trips at our upcoming Design Course...

good luck,

Larry

L.Santoyo, Director
EarthFlow Design Works
<http://earthflow.com>http://earthflow.com

Hey -Please Join Us -Please Pass the Word!

The 5th Annual Los Angeles Permaculture Design Course
<http://earthflow.com/LAPDC0708.php>http://earthflow.com/LAPDC0708.php

Live & Learn Sustainable Design -in the South of France!
<http://earthflow.com/france2007.php>http://earthflow.com/france2007.php