[permaculture] Greywater

chauncey williams chaunceyfree at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 00:58:38 EDT 2007

I am doing a green remodel of an Airstream travel trailer I have been staying in in the hills of Malibu, CA.  It is located in a Mediterranean Climate, Zone 10 I believe, dry summers and only slightly wetter winters.

Part of the project will be running the water used in the trailer for the sink and shower out into a greywater system.  I would like to run the water from the trailer to a bed of plants, but should I have the water get filtered first through some sand and gravel? Can plants be growing in the sand and gravel? What sort of plants would work well for filtering the water in my climate?  Any other bits of advice to throw in?

Thanks for all the help in advance.  Have a great day.

Chauncey