[permaculture] Seed Starting Supplies & Soil blocks

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 01:09:24 EDT 2007

Nope they tend to degrade over time and dry out too fast... I'd say only
for annuals.  I have started doing more clean cultivation in rows and
beds for my cuttings rather than containers.. Watering is much easier,
by mid summer I switch from hoe to mulch, then transplant in fall.  May
be 6 of one half-dozen the other, but I have been much happier with the
health of my cuttings and not had to worry about fussy pots.  I have
been sprouting perennials in flats, then pricking to the same row crop
arrangement... we'll see how it goes.
Paul Cereghino