[permaculture] Seed Starting Supplies & Soil blocks

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 01:01:59 EDT 2007

I've used and enjoyed soil blocks.. I have used sifted compost rather
than peat with some success and less bog rape.  Another good way to go
is to raise your seedlings in floodable trays or consider a misting
setup to keep them consistently wet... if they dry out too much they
float and the evaporate on all sides.. once they start to dry down...
once over with the watering wand doesn't saturate the block leading to
the potential for half wet blocks.. bottom up irrigation works great.
Paul Cereghino