[permaculture] Permaforest Trust July 07 Update- Big Changes- Taking It to the Next Level

timwinton timwinton at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 17 09:41:41 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Permaforest Trust has been undergoing some big changes lately. They're all
about helping make our work more accessible and about taking Permaforest
Trust into the next phase of development. We'd like to thank you all for
your support so far and to invite you to remain involved as we move forward.
We're changing the nature of these updates to provide you with resources for
'Post Carbon Transition'- tools for community adaptation to peak oil,
climate change and other limits to growth.  We'd like to invite you to join
our website (membership now free) and our 'Trusties' email list for post
carbon resources and discussion. See www.permaforesttrust.org.au to join.
Summary of changes and links to our website postings listed below. Please
email info at permaforesttrust.org.au if you would like to be removed from this
list.
  a.. Permaforest Trust's Certificate 4 and Diploma in Accredited
Permaculture Training will be run in Byron Bay starting March 2008. The
program will train 'Post Carbon Professionals' with a focus on integrating
traditional hands on permaculture techniques and design with community
development and project management skills.
    a.. Press Release
http://www.permaforesttrust.org.au/Members/timwinton/permaforest-trust-post-carbon-education-comes-to-byron-bay
    b.. Course Details http://www.permaforesttrust.org.au/apt/introduction/

  b.. We are pleased to announce that current Permaforest Trust manager,
Jerome Santospirito, will shortly be co-owner of the Permaforest Trust
sustainability education centre and demonstration farm. Jerome along with
partner and long time Permaforest Trust participant, Kaylah Ferguson, will
make the Trust property their home. Jerome plans to scale up the organic
farming operations, manage Accredited Permaculture Training interns in the
fine art of commercial organic growing and continue to develop the
Permaforest Trust education center (more on planned developments for the
centre in future updates). Jerome will also be assisting with training and
assessment in the 2008 Byron Bay Accredited Permaculture Training program.

  c.. Tim's Era of Post Carbon Transition video/powerpoint is now available
for viewing at
http://bb.r2b2.net/postcarbonv2/The%20Era%20of%20Post%20Carbon%20Transition.html
This is a part of our initial foray into creating rich media resources for
the web- we are calling it our 'Low Fi is the New Hi Fi' series. We will
post related content in future updates.

  d.. Trust member and former Accredited Permaculture Training student Tiku
Peters is now working on a project in India. See
http://www.permaforesttrust.org.au/Members/kaylahferguson/vrikshayurveda-the-science-of-plant-life/
for a report on her encounter with the ancient Indian science of
Vrikshayurveda.
That's all for now. All the best from the Permaforest Trust crew,

Tim

--
Tim Winton
Permaforest Trust