[permaculture] Time to pick up our hats?

Jennifer Nazak jnazak at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 11:43:44 EDT 2007

Thanks, Shivani, for quoting that excellent passage re
"Picking up our hats." The passage comes from a blog
called Casaubon's Book.

I'm thrilled that others are tuning in to the
Casaubon's Book blog. Written by a CSA farmer in
upstate NY, a mom who calls herself "JewishFarmer,"
Casaubon's book is truly THE BEST sustainability
website I've ever run across. The site is at
http://casaubonsbook.blogspot.com/

Her latest entry is an extremely detailed, practical
piece on non-energy-intensive food preservation
techniques.

Her response to the Live Earth concert is priceless
too
http://casaubonsbook.blogspot.com/2007/07/al-gore-calls-for-90-household.html

JewishFarmer and another blogger have launched a
grassroots movement called the Riot for Austerity.
Participants have set out to cut their emissions of
global-warming pollutants (in various categories
including gasoline, electricity, purchase of consumer
goods) to *10% of the US average* over the coming
year. I've joined this effort, and have met the
targets in many categories (as a micro-dweller it
isn't hard), but still have work to do in some.

cheers,

jenny

*******
Jenny Nazak