[permaculture] Looking for good examples of the use of berms and swales & definition of each

yarrow at sfo.com yarrow at sfo.com
Thu Jul 12 01:01:27 EDT 2007

Yes, the berms are the planting areas. Many people successfully plant
drought-adapted California native plants on berms in areas with clay
soils.  Native plants are especially good if you want to attract
pollinators for your edibles, provide habitat for birds and
butterflies, or have an attractive "landscaped" front yard that is
very low maintenance.