[permaculture] All things chicken

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Wed Jul 4 13:08:09 EDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Paul Cereghino wrote:
> related PDFs (hey Jedd what do you think about PDF?), chicken liberation

 I'll bite.  Or rather, peck.

 PDF's are good insofar as they're open format now .. but they're
 not *the* open format preference.  They're hard to edit once
 they're authored, and that's a big failing.  WIKI / CMS format
 is good for online collaboration.  For offline stuff you can't
 go past what the international standards organisation has already
 mandated:

 http://www.openoffice.org/press/iso_pr.html

 I was in a meeting with some marketroids from Microsoft a while
 ago who were telling me how good the 'Office Open' standard <sic>
 was .. but happily the ISO rejected MS's bizarre, badly documented,
 redundant, non-open, non-standards compliant standard proposal.

 A refreshing case of an international organisation exhibiting sanity.

 J.