[permaculture] Design critiques

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sun Jul 1 07:38:48 EDT 2007

Looks like your Symantec Email Proxy preventd me from sending this to you directly so I am posting it here. - LL
-
Sharon Gordon wrote:

 > You could create a list at yahoogroups and put your design there.

Would you and others mind not confusing people further by encouraging them to start new permaculture lists,
nearly always destined to be hard to find, obscure and little used? This only serves to fragment the permaculture
community further. Anyone can create a new mailing list and many do as it takes little or no work. Drawing subscribers
and getting them to post is another matter. I think it is important to get the most permaculture people together in the
fewest places and make those places as robust and useful as possible. A lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to
make our permaculture list that kind of place and I would hate to see their efforts wasted. Dozens of little splinter
lists serve few people and rarely develop into valuable resources.

Well done databases, websites, blogs and wikis are another matter. The Permaculture Wiki is guaranteed to give those who
want their permaculture designs, ideas, theories and writings seen and evaluated better than average prominence in
cyberworld, and they get Googled easier.

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net