[permaculture] A Global Cultural Revolution

Tommy Tolson healinghawk at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 1 00:41:32 EDT 2007

I suspect that if I examine a person's action in the world through the
Five-Fold Path model, it's true and appropriate action.  Healing,
Consciousness Change, Resistance, Alternatives, and Creating Community.
All have to be done.  I'm not big on Resistance, either, but I'm crazy
grateful to those who are, and who find more and more effective ways to
do it.  My brand of Resistance embraces violence (I have a mature
Warrior archetype) and results in long prison terms, so I avoid it
because a significant amount of my usefulness to nature can't happen in
prison.  I concentrate instead on healing, as a shamanic practitioner,
Consciousness Change, as someone with a shamanic vision of humanity's
place in the natural order ( from which my fictions arise ),
Alternatives, in  my various organizing projects (such as Life Circle, a
nature religion, and Austin Ecology Center, an educational 501(c)(3)
that is still just a gleam in my eye, so to speak) and Creating
Community by and within the rest of my actions in the world.

I channel (sublimate?) the outrage that I've carried for 40-some years
into the rest of my work.

So it's all good, if we're acting consciously and within Permaculture
ethics.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX