[permaculture] Research on Ticks in recovering Farmland

KNat knat at sprintmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:24:56 EDT 2006

Hi,
My Lyme research is dated and there is such a proliferation of chemical
"solutions" to addressing Lyme incidents it is hard to efficiently
search for new data on permacultural advances in our knowledge of areas
recovering from human exploitation.
There were some studies in the 1980s, I recall, about the bounceback
population factors in areas that had been mowed and tilled for
generations that were then allowed to balance themselves. I'm
particularly interested in how long the overabundance of ticks lasted.
Anyone have research, knowledge, feedback suggestions on interim steps
to protect humans from tick borne diseases in the bounceback period?

Thanks,
Kathyann