[permaculture] Seedballs

Sean Maley semaley at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 12:57:56 EDT 2006

--- mangodance <bmn at iglou.com> wrote:
> Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> >>It looks like it was renewed (or picked up) in May.  Unfortunate.  I'd
> >>have supported it if I knew it was available.
> >
> > You mean someone else bought the domain out from under Jim Bones?
> > Has he started up anywhere else?
>
> Can't quite tell.  It has a registrar block on the true owner, but it
> does have a date of May 06.  He may have re-registered, or it may have
> lapsed.  The abrupt change makes me think it is the latter.

Looks like Caffe.Net LLC has a few problems.  Seedballs.com maps to the same computer as caffe.net
and the IP 204.83.220.131 pulls up the same in the browser as caffe.net.  Seedballs.com pulls up a
directory listing with xindex.html, which hints as coming from the same mind as seen in wayback
archives.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050326090847/www.seedballs.com

This smells of server crash and hints at nobody being able to complete the recovery (or aware it
needs to be done).  I have simpathy, since I experienced my own crash in July.  Seems like some
software still needs to be installed that the seedball site depends upon.

-Sean.