[permaculture] You don’t know what a stream looks like.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sun Sep 17 02:19:30 EDT 2006

Keith Johnson wrote:

> You don’t know what a stream looks like. A natural North American stream
> is not a single, deeply eroded gully, but a series of broad pools, as
> many as fifteen per mile, stitched together by short stretches of
> shallow, braided channels.
> (Read the rest of the story here)
> <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/articles/Beavers.htm>

This an important and wonderful article by Toby. Kudos to him.
I guess this is the essence of limnology, the ecology, zoology and biology of streams, lakes and ponds
with ties to geology, soil science, geography and meteorology.

The Activist is certainly on a roll these days.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net
info at market-farming.com
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farm.com/venaurafarm
Permaculture mailing list: