[permaculture] Book Recommendation

KNat knat at sprintmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:15:22 EDT 2006

Michelle Maggiore wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I wanted to mention a book I just finished,  "Last Child in the Woods-saving our children from Nature deficit Disorder",  written by Richard Louv, published in 2005.
>>
>> The book does not focus on fear, and it also  offers possible solutions,
>> which is why it is refreshing and I feel so strongly about recommending it
>> to you all....
>> I would be interested in discussing this book further off-list if you have
>> read it, or if you decide to read it.
I too enjoy this book. We bought a copy for each of the teachers in our
school and a few extras for a parents book study.

Hooked on Nature is promoting with it.
http://www.hookedonnature.org/

Low is speaking to launch Bay Area, No Child Left Inside Campaign.
http://www.cnaturenet.org/leave_no_child.html

I'd love offlist dialogue too.
Kathyann