[permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9

Wendy Smyer Yu creeksinger at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:57:11 EDT 2006

I see it swinging one of two ways - either tighter control (on many levels)
or way-too-extended complexity (top heavy inefficiency) ending in
unravelling of the whole thing.  Attachment to a nation, and expecting it's
unending continuity, runs contrary to historical evidence that none survive
eternally.  It's a question of which way it'll swing, though, or how long
each swing of the continuum lasts.

There'll be interesting wrinkles to iron out if it does go through (ie.
Canada: guilty 'til proven innocent (or so I've been told); or, so much for
the plan to escape with one's llamas to Canada when it comes down to being
monitored within an inch of one's livestock-related-life in the U.S.)...

I agree - keep on with the "small" work of planting and all... though this
society's insistence on large and cumbersome governance is troubling...

WSY