[permaculture] North American Union

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 6 18:15:26 EDT 2006

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> Keith Johnson wrote:
>
>> a superstate called the North American Union (NAU).
> Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway
Yeah, Been reading about it.
> What will it mean for Permaculture?
> Get to work, obviously.

Yah, fairly obvious.
> grow your own food and network woth others doing the same

Doing that...
> take responsiblilty for your own health, eat wisely and get exercise

and that...(although that may be somewhat challenging as I just learned
that Indiana has been ranked 48th of the states in overall environmental
quality ranking 2nd in toxic chemical discharges to its waterbodies, 527
of which are designated as impaired.  Indiana ranks 2nd in nitrogen
oxide emissions from power plants, and has the 5th highest risk of
premature death from coal-fired power plants.  Indiana continues to lose
farmland at the rate of 100,000 acres per year.
> retool your lifestyle and homestead infrastructure to be more energy efficient

and that...(all new windows to replace the leaky single panes and more
insulation)
> spend more time in this list, learn and share

do that a LOT.....
> expand the PC Activist & its website & the PC global directory

I keep doing that (though I spend a lot of time looking for Pc folks
online and wish more would write to me with their contact info so I can
do more to help y'all.) What all else would you like to see at the
Activist website?

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine