[permaculture] Dealing with one's own trash....

Lisa Rollens rollens at fidnet.com
Mon Jul 31 12:34:34 EDT 2006

I have tried all kinds of systems with kitchen waste.  The problem seems to
be getting lazy letting it sit around the house and start fruit flies, or
even regular house flies in special compost containers.  Now, I just put the
day's worth of compost in a bowl, a good bowl that I use, and take it out to
the pile every night (or to the chickens).  Nothing in the house to attract
insects and the bowl gets washed!

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks