[permaculture] Dealing with one's own trash....

yarrow at sfo.com yarrow at sfo.com
Mon Jul 31 03:20:31 EDT 2006

In my compost bins, I found that whenever I saw lots of fruit flies
hovering, it was easy to move them along by burying the compostables
deeper in the pile, covering them with a layer of shredded newspaper,
or adding a layer of coffee grounds.

To avoid smell and insects in something like a 5-gallon bucket with a
lid, you can get some coffee grounds (free from most coffee shops)
and cover each day's compostables with them.

.... I need to come up with a tidy way of