[permaculture] ipc8 in brasil

florar florar at terra.com.br
Thu Jul 27 08:29:00 EDT 2006

 Dear Permies  - I am passing this letter on to the international permaculture movement as requested by the Permear Permaculturists Network at their recent anuual meeting in Brasilia. Thank you

Skye

Dear Permaculture Friends,
 We recently learned from friends in Australia and the United States that the IPC-8 is to be held here in Brazil in 2007.

 We are a group of Brazilian Permaculturists, some with more than 20 years of experience. We work locally and regionally in various forms: private and community projects, in institutes, with indigenous communities , with farmers, universities, social movements and professionally as rural and urban consultants. Over the years, as result of the need to share experiences and mutual inspiration, the Permear  Permaculturists Network was born, which has, as basic characteristics,  the ethics of permaculture,  interpersonal relationships and free exchange of information, through internet forums and in periodic meetings which occur in  the various regions of the country.

 Our network is growing as desired, naturally and organically. At present we are 40 members spread over the various ecosystems in Brazil in projects which involve many other permaculturists , in 9 states of this immense country.

 In our last meeting in Brasilia, in July of 2006, we decided that, for us, the IPC-8 is important and inspiring. We will be happy and proud to present our projects in the convergence and share our experiences with other permaculturists. As such, we will be participating in the event as any other permaculturist would, through the official site of the event. It is our intention that our interactions be positive for all and principally for the development of Permaculture in Brazil.

 Furthermore, we would be happy to offer our permaculture sites for visitation from those colleagues who will be coming to this continent called Brazil. Our doors will be open before and after the events of the IPC-8. Those interested should enter in contact directly with us individually. Visit our site www.permear.org.br

 Best wishes to all ,

Members of  Permear, Brazilian Permaculturists