[permaculture] PDCs in South Australia - August and November 2006 at the Aldinga Arts Eco Village

Mark Moody ecoresources at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 19 15:34:17 EDT 2006

Hi everyone. We have a few places left in our August course coming up
soon which we need to fill. If anyone is thinking about doing a
course in a great area with world class teachers here's your
chance. :) Thanks everyone for a fascinating list. Hope we get to
meet some of you soon.

Mark

Winter/Spring 2006 Benefit Permaculture Design Course
Sunday August 20 - Friday September 1

and

Summer 2006 Benefit Permaculture Design Course
Monday November 27 - Saturday December 9

Eco Resources Network of the Aldinga Arts Eco Village is delighted to
announce two Permaculture Design Courses, to be taught later this
year by Geoff and Nadia Lawton of the world famous Permaculture
Research Institute (www.permaculture.org.au) in NSW. They are
renowned for producing highly active and effective students and
teachers.

Permaculture is a holistic approach to land use design, based on
ecological principles and patterns. It aims to create stable,
productive systems that provide for human needs, harmoniously
integrating the land with people. Permaculture principles can be
applied to any environment, at any scale - from dense urban
settlements to individual homes, from farms to entire regions. It is
especially important now the world's oil supplies are dropping.

At the Aldinga Arts Eco Village permaculture principles have been
applied at all stages of the development. The village consists of 142
allotments and includes a range of planned community facilities,
studios and galleries, orchards and common lands. With over 16
hectares of residential development, approximately 44% has been set
aside as community land and common facilities, and over 12 hectares
as Village Farm.  The farm and its future will be one of the optional
project choices for the practical component of the course.

This 72 hour certificate program is a 13 day, residential design
course with a break in the middle and a party at the end. NO EXAMS.

Price is $AU990 (inc. GST) for tuition and course notes on CD,
including your choice of organic vegetarian and conventional meals,
and camping or dormitory housing.

There is a $AU100 discount for early registration before August 15,
2006 for the Summer PDC only

A deposit of only $AU200 will secure your place in the course.

* We also have a local price option for people who don't require food
and accommodation to be provided by us and who just wish to attend
the lectures etc. Local non-residential price is $AU550 (inc. GST)
for tuition and course notes on CD. Local camping is available.

Limited work-trade positions may be available.

For more information call the convenor Mark Moody on +61 (0415) 117
164 or email me.

Bookings may be made online at http://www.ecoresources.com.au/ptv2/
page22/page27/page27.html