[permaculture] 2006 is already setting heat records

Sean Maley semaley at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 11:25:54 EDT 2006

--- Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi
>   This is exactly how we got into the mess we are in today, we where originally in tune with
> nature then as we evolved we evolved away from nature, because we believed what we thought, that
> is we believed in our hopes and dreams which are created from fear and desire, we need to drop
> this rubbish and deal with reality as it is
>   Martin
>
> roxann <roxann at ancientearthwisdom.com> wrote:
>   Exactly! If you give folks a paradigm to live by, most will live by it and create a world to
> suite it, if it's not currently fitting the situation. Why not create a better paradigm?

Seemingly said by the animals in the background from the song "Several Species of Small Fury
Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" by Pink Floyd (Roger Water's
contribution to Ummagumma):  "Come back to me"....

Returning to nature will not be a "created" paradigm.  All that is required is to listen to your
own inner voice and respect your Mother, albeit Mother Nature.  This will be more difficult when
listening to your evil step Mother, Mother Culture.  She whispers to work for the good of
humanity, to work for a roof over your head, to work for the food on the table, to work, work,
work for work.  Mother Nature seems to say "Care for Earth", so that Earth can care for you.

Hard as it is to imagine pulling off the blinders of civilization, it can be done.  The task isn't
much different than a schizophrenic shutting out their own whispers from Mother Culture.  Try
learning foraging skills.  Taste an ant, termite, or grub.  Mother Culture tells you this is sick,
wrong, and dangerous and, hence, against the law.  Mother Nature points out antibiotic properties
of the ant; nutritious value of termite; medicinal value of grub.  At some point, you should be
able to factor out concepts like "farming" and "food purchases".  With your drastically reduced
economic footprint, you should be able to pool into "property" and, with others, secure land for
restoration and return to it (if you didn't already start with it in the first place).

The larger questions will relate to how civilization seeks to destroy natural cultures.
Indigenous people have been run off their land and enslaved for many thousands of years.  Eminent
Domain is a very real issue which we will face on a larger scale.  Walk over the bridge, but don't
forget to take your vote with you (some of us will have to run for office at some point in the
near future).

-Sean.