[permaculture] Techniques for capturing moisture

J Newman jn at jnweb.com
Thu Jul 13 15:28:27 EDT 2006

I spent a little time camping out in the Namibian desert. It was
accepted practice to dig a sleeping hole and cover it with your
groundsheet, weighted around the edge of the hole with rocks. I awoke
each morning dry and - of interest to this discussion - my (canvas)
groundsheet was sagging with a good few litres of water.

-  Jeffrey
108 Mile Ranch
BC, Canada

Jeffrey Newman